About These Results
- These unofficial election results are reported directly to the Office of the Secretary of State by municipalities, school districts, and county auditors. Municipal and school district results may continue to be reported in the days following the election. Not all local municipalities and school districts report results or precinct statistics on this site.
- Some school district results may be reported in a different configuration than listed on this site, which may result in some precincts that appear they had no voters. Contact school districts for official results.
- ISD 306 Laporte and ISD 850 Rothsay had elections but did not report results to OSS. ISD 738 Holdingford's school board race was mistakenly marked as "Vote for 1" rather than "Vote for 4".
- Sometimes media or others obtain vote totals directly from the precinct or local election office before those election results are reported to this website. Totals reported by media or others may differ from the results reported on this site after the polls close.
- Following the election, canvassing boards will meet to canvass the votes for the election. County canvassing boards will meet to canvass the votes for county candidates and questions. Municipal and school district canvassing boards will canvass their own results.
- If a recount occurs, a recount official will be appointed to conduct the recount. The appropriate canvassing board will then reconvene to receive the report of the recount official, and to resolve any remaining disputes about counting ballots for a candidate. The final vote total from the recount may be different than the vote originally counted at the canvassing board. If so, the recounted total, as approved by the canvassing board, becomes the official election result.